Pi Network Verification

Let's talk about Pi Cryptocurrency and Marketplace. Future value of Pi, scarcity and other related topics.
Forum rules
Discussion should be conducted in the sincere spirit of inquiry after truth, without fondness for dispute, or desire of victory. - Benjamin Franklin
Niko5ST Cyprus

Pi Network Verification

Post by Niko5ST » May 6th, 2020, 2:30 am

Hello,
I want to ask regarding the verification process. If I proceed with verification through facebook then I do not need to get verified through my phone number? Additionally could you please tell me what is the number o p that runs all the time? Are the coins that I collect?

ImplantedSteak United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pi Network Verification

Post by ImplantedSteak » May 6th, 2020, 1:17 pm

Niko5ST wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 2:30 am
Hello,
I want to ask regarding the verification process. If I proceed with verification through facebook then I do not need to get verified through my phone number? Additionally could you please tell me what is the number o p that runs all the time? Are the coins that I collect?
Hi Niko,

Yes if you verified through facebook you dont need to verify you phone number. One verification is enough, Facebook sign ups are automatically verified - so you are good to go. The counter on top that runs all the time is the amount of pi you accumulated, so make sure that counter is always running. If it stops running just press the mine button again. You have to press it daily to continue mining pi.
The Government hates crypto because it empowers the people.

Niko5ST Cyprus

Post by Niko5ST » May 8th, 2020, 5:07 am

Okay thank you. In phase 3 where the Pi will go live and listed on the exchanges what should be the KYC process?

ImplantedSteak United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ImplantedSteak » May 10th, 2020, 11:02 am

Niko5ST wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 5:07 am
Okay thank you. In phase 3 where the Pi will go live and listed on the exchanges what should be the KYC process?
the process will be the same, you have to prove that you are the real person behind your pi account and not a bot. As the core team find a way to make it easy for everyone we still have to prove that we are human.
The Government hates crypto because it empowers the people.

gautam India

Post by gautam » July 31st, 2020, 9:44 am

hello
I want to ask a question. If I logged in with the phone number and have verified the Facebook account then is it necessary to verify phone no. also?
Are both verification required in this case?

Regards.

ependytes

Post by ependytes » September 17th, 2020, 3:27 am

gautam wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 9:44 am
hello
I want to ask a question. If I logged in with the phone number and have verified the Facebook account then is it necessary to verify phone no. also?
Are both verification required in this case?

Regards.
I dont think you need to verify phone number, yout facebook verified account is enough

go314 Poland

Post by go314 » September 17th, 2020, 6:25 am

as far as I understood the information circulating here and there ependytes is right (or should be as that depends on Pi Network)

1 telephone and FB verification should be only used in case of lost of password or other strange circumstances

2 on the other hand I see persons who has no phone verification and the system indicates, that if they will not do it, their units will not be definite/useful - but maybe it regards those who registered only with their phone number

3 real verification is this KYC, which should anyway automatiucally accept phone number as well as your personal data, but what do THEY (Pi Network) do is another thing

gautam India

Post by gautam » September 18th, 2020, 6:13 am

many many thanks.
one more question I want to ask is if my user name is different than real name then is there any problem with this or I can choose any user name but name in pi network should be real name.
Example
username- jack0josh
real name Tom Taylor
in face book ( with real name is) Tom Taylor

go314 Poland

Post by go314 » September 19th, 2020, 5:45 am

no your user name (login) can be out of the blue - you register using your name and phone - that should be real, as then you can have problems during KYC verification (maybe)

the login is what will be displayed in chat for instance

I suggest to all to HIDE real name (it seems that it is shown only in your earning team), as these are your personal data, and no one needs them to know

to do it go to profile and there is the option hide your name - I do not understand why default is not hidden by the way