Pi's share of the cryptocurrency space?

Let's talk about Pi Cryptocurrency and Marketplace. Future value of Pi, scarcity and other related topics.
Forum rules
Discussion should be conducted in the sincere spirit of inquiry after truth, without fondness for dispute, or desire of victory. - Benjamin Franklin
ImNotDorianNakamoto Kiribati

Pi's share of the cryptocurrency space?

Post by ImNotDorianNakamoto » September 16th, 2019, 10:34 am

Bitcoin currently commands about 70% of the total Cryptocurrency market cap, ~$180B out of ~$260B. With its Stellar backbone, ease of mining and wide distribution, how much of the remaining 30% can Pi dominate if it proves to be useful in a marketplace use case?
Your thoughts.

ImplantedSteak United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pi's share of the cryptocurrency space?

Post by ImplantedSteak » September 16th, 2019, 1:48 pm

ImNotDorianNakamoto wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 10:34 am
Bitcoin currently commands about 70% of the total Cryptocurrency market cap, ~$180B out of ~$260B. With its Stellar backbone, ease of mining and wide distribution, how much of the remaining 30% can Pi dominate if it proves to be useful in a marketplace use case?
Your thoughts.
Wow thank you, I am interested to learn about it as well, to answer this we need a detailed studying and analysis on this issue. I'll get back to you when I have the answers.
The Government hates crypto because it empowers the people.

ImplantedSteak United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ImplantedSteak » September 17th, 2019, 10:43 am

I’ve been thinking about this a lot but my intuition tells me that, (but it is a big IF.) If the developers of this project are successful and able to find the proper avenue to market this crypto, if they can find sufficient financial support, good advertising and able prove to the world that this Pi is not just another crypto in the crypto world and if they can showcase Pi use cases to the different sectors of society and based on the influx of new pioneers globally. I think the chances of Pi Network dominating the market/s are high. I have the gut feeling that it might surpass the bitcoin domination.
The Government hates crypto because it empowers the people.

JPerez2512 Philippines

Post by JPerez2512 » September 17th, 2019, 1:07 pm

A Pi wallet and Pi Barter platform will be built soon and people can use that to buy and sell any service or commodity offered.

Once the membership grows by the millions, exchanges will list Pi in their basket of cryptocurrencies and the public will be able to trade it.
Pi’s Barter Marketplace - Build Your Personal Virtual Storefront
In addition to contributing trust and attention to the Pi Network, we expect Pioneers to be able to contribute their unique skills and services in the future. Pi’s mobile application will also serve as a Point of Sales where Pi’s members can offer their untapped goods and services via a “virtual storefront” to other members of the Pi Network. For example, a member offer up an underutilized room in their apartment for rent to other members on the Pi Network. In addition to real assets, members of the Pi Network will also be able to offer skills and services via their virtual storefronts. For example, a member of the Pi Network could offer their programming or design skills on the Pi marketplace. Overtime, the value of Pi will be supported by a growing basket of goods and services.
Pi’s Decentralized App Store - Lowering The Barrier Of Entry For Creators
The Pi Network’s shared currency, trust graph, and marketplace will be the soil for a broader ecosystem of decentralized applications. Today, anyone that wants to start an application needs to bootstrap its technical infrastructure and community from scratch. Pi’s decentralized applications store will allow Dapp developers to leverage Pi’s existing infrastructure as well as the shared resources of the community and users. Entrepreneurs and developers can propose new Dapps to the community with requests for access to the network’s shared resources. Pi will also build its Dapps with some degree of interoperability so that Dapps are able to reference data, assets, and processes in other decentralized applications.
Cryptocurrency is still an adaption stage worldwide.

Bonafide Philippines

Post by Bonafide » September 23rd, 2019, 1:29 pm

ImNotDorianNakamoto wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 10:34 am
Your thoughts.
I’m still hoping that Pi would deliver because I’m certain that the world is looking for an alternative currency. World needs new model of trust. Let’s hope that pi would fill that void.